Corporate Training FAQs
Who should be involved in the decision?
How much does productivity training cost?
- Is this training for technical skills or “soft” skills? Technical skills tend to be less expensive.
- The uniqueness of the training (Is it specialized? Does it have a new, unique, or cutting-edge approach to the topic?)
- The expected results/return on investment. How important is it to you that the training actually change the behaviors of the participants? (See Maura’s approach to maximizing return on investment here [link].)
- The training provider— is the specific trainer a contract trainer or a subject-matter expert? The provider company ranges from the following options, in order of (typically) lower-price to higher-price.
- A large provider who offers training on a variety of topics.
- A large provider who offers specialized training
- A specialized boutique firm
- Is any pre-training consultation included? (This contributes a better training fit, and is typically offered by more specialized providers.)
- Is there any post-training follow up? (This contributes to long-term behavior change.)
- Is the training off-the-shelf or prescriptive (customized)? Off-the-shelf training offers general skills training, and is typically less expensive. Prescriptive training is utilized to address an organization’s specific challenges, and can cost more initially, but the long term return on investment can be greater.
What will I learn in training with Maura Thomas?
Do You Teach Time Management Training?
Everyone is Different! Do You Tailor Your Training to Our Team’s Work Style?
How Long is Training? How Do I Know it Will Be What I Need?
Her work also includes pre-training consultation (beginning with the very first call, before we’ve even decided to work together.) There is no charge for any pre-training call, even if we ultimately decide not to work together. Maura considers this part of the work necessary to qualify her clients, and will help you to gain clarity about the type of training you should purchase, and the type of provider who will be the best fit. Speaking with Maura will help you to make a more informed training purchase. This is also why vetting trainers is a leader’s job [link to same article as above, in LI/Medium/blog].
Maura’s trainings also include 30-90 days of individual follow-up support. This is unusual but is part of Maura’s commitment [link] to maximizing return on your training investment.
This means that work with Maura is usually a 30-90 day event, rather than just a one-time training.
How Do I Know Your Training Will Work For My Team?
- The company that pays for the training; for this client, Maura is focused on long-term return on investment. Maura will work with leadership to cover the five components of successful corporate training [link].
- The individual participants in the training; for this client, Maura is focused on behavior change. Polling of past clients indicates that better than 94% of attendees are still using their new System a year later, and more than 98% are still using at least part of the System.
Do You Offer Microsoft Outlook Training or Training on [XXX Software]?
Why Choose Maura Thomas?
Throughout her career, she has worked with solopreneurs, Fortune 100 companies and every size in between, in virtually every industry. She founded her Austin, TX based business in 2003 and Maura is very active in the local community. The Empowered Productivity System™ is proprietary, proven, continually refined and updated, and developed from extensive industry experience. References are gladly provided. Also feel free to peruse our Reviews page. This method has been so successful that publishing giant John Wiley & Sons invited Maura to literally ‘write the book’ on personal productivity. That first book, Personal Productivity Secrets and her second book, Work Without Walls, serve as the support material for her general and leadership trainings, respectively.
What’s the Process?
02. After answering a few questions, you’ll receive a link to Maura’s calendar to set up your free 60-minute consulting call with Maura, the training decision-maker, and anyone else in your organization involved in the process.
03. After this call, if there is a fit, you’ll receive a proposal for training to address the needs and expectations outlined in the call.