Is your to-do list making it easier or harder for you to complete tasks and move toward your goals? Some simple tweaks can make your list a whole lot more effective.
I talked about better ways to create and manage your to-do list, along with other productivity topics, on a recent episode of the Sales For Nerds podcast. However, you don’t have to work in sales — or be a nerd! — to apply the tips I discussed with podcast host Reuben Swartz.
Here are a few of the things you’ll learn when you listen:
- What you should do first before you start using any productivity tool.
- How to use words on your to-do list that will inspire you to be more productive.
- How to be more realistic about what you can accomplish in one day.
- Why your to-do list doesn’t need contexts anymore. (This is one for those GTD devotees out there.)
- How to keep your most important work moving forward while still dealing with everything that comes up during your day.
- The real way to use the “2-Minute Rule,” which is often misunderstood.
- Why time management practices are no longer an effective way to be productive.
- The three facets of attention management.
- Why some of our most common email habits are outdated and unproductive.
- How to rebuild your attention span if you have trouble focusing.
- How pausing can be productive.
- Unintimidating ways to start a meditation or mindfulness practice, which supports attention management.
- The value of “in between” moments.
- The true definition of productivity, and why it isn’t all about work.
- The most important resource you have at your disposal and how to make the most of it.