Is your to-do list making it easier or harder for you to complete tasks and move toward your goals? Some simple tweaks can make your list a whole lot more effective.
I talked about better ways to create and manage your to-do list, along with other productivity topics, on a recent episode of the Sales For Nerds podcast. However, you don’t have to work in sales — or be a nerd! — to apply the tips I discussed with podcast host Reuben Swartz.
Here are a few of the things you’ll learn when you listen:
- What you should do first before you start using any productivity tool.
- How to use words on your to-do list that will inspire you to be more productive.
- How to be more realistic about what you can accomplish in one day.
- Why your to-do list doesn’t need contexts anymore. (This is one for those GTD devotees out there.)
- How to keep your most important work moving forward while still dealing with everything that comes up during your day.
- The real way to use the “2-Minute Rule,” which is often misunderstood.
- Why time management practices are no longer an effective way to be productive.
- The three facets of attention management.
- Why some of our most common email habits are outdated and unproductive.
- How to rebuild your attention span if you have trouble focusing.
- How pausing can be productive.
- Unintimidating ways to start a meditation or mindfulness practice, which supports attention management.
- The value of “in between” moments.
- The true definition of productivity, and why it isn’t all about work.
- The most important resource you have at your disposal and how to make the most of it.
Listen to the full episode at salesfornerds.io. After you listen, you can learn even more about these topics in my article “Personal Productivity and Your To-Do List.”